17 April 2015

APEX 5: forgot the images?

On my play environment I usually use Oracle APEX with the Embedded PL/SQL Gateway, just because it's so easy.
When a new version of APEX is released, just like everybody else, I upgrade my play environment.
After the apexins.sql script is run, I always want to start playing with it immediately. Usually it is at this point where I just see a blank page... scratching my head wondering why it is not running,... having to go back to the documentation to realise I forgot the last step - configure the EPG...
Now with APEX5 an alert is shown when you forget the last step:

Immediately you know what to do... :)
Another one of those little enhancements that makes APEX5 simply awesome.

5 comments:

  1. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. See the link below for more info.


    #forget
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting same error what exactly should we do to resolve this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you follow all the steps in the Installation guide? Probably not, otherwise you wouldn't get the error. You can find the installation guide here: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E59726_01/install.50/e39144/toc.htm

      Delete
    2. I followed all the steps its working in standalone perfectly if i provide the images location manually,

      plz note I'm trying to deploy it on tomcat....

      Delete
    3. Maybe this post can help you with Tomcat and how to deal with the images directory: http://sanjeev-oracle-world.blogspot.rs/2015/08/installing-apex5-with-ords3-on-apache.html

      Delete